Sunday, June 10, 2007

Warning: Gloomy Post Ahead

I really wanted the blog to be a fun, lighthearted thing, about art, scrapbooking and crafting. Well, I'm going to say something really sad and kind of depressing. So, you can skip this one if you want to. :)


Late on Wednesday night my sister called me to tell me that our grandfather had passed away. So, unsurprisingly, I've been kind of in a funk for the last couple of days... But I think I'm getting back to normal. G has been incredibly supportive and loving. Thinking good thoughts for the family, esp my sister who is holding everything together down South. Love you guys.

This whole experience has made me think alot about life. About what is important and some of the regrets I've collected.. Luckily, I don't have many.

I don't have any photos of my grandparents. But I wanted to scrap about a loss. It was important to me to express the feelings I was feeling through my art.

One my great regrets in life is that I have lost touch with my best friend Celene. We met in like, fifth grade and a few years ago, we just kind of drifted apart. Our lives became very different. But I miss her. She had a lot of influence on the person I have become. I think about her often.

The photos are of the lo I did about Celene, and the flowers my work sent me when I took a bereavement day (nice, huh)?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin