Sunday, February 3, 2008

My loves...


The fabulous Shimelle is posting a new journaling prompt every day this month on her blog. I highly reccomend checking it out.

I love Shimelle. She is a brilliant teacher and a genuinely adorable person. I'm a little behind on her prompts for Feb, but I'm gonna do my best to play along....or write them down and do a mini-or something on them later. :)

She posted this on Jan 30 and I was so inspired:

"Start a new page and number 1 to 9. In each of those spaces, write down something you love. They can range from your spouse to your favourite soup!

Once you’ve made the list, go back and add some description to each one. A bonus if you can play with alliteration—adding words that start with the same sound. So you might have ‘sunsets’ on your list, and transform it to ‘shimmering summer sunsets’.

Once you’ve added a little something to each word, you’re ready to turn your list into some fabulous sentences.

Just fill in these blanks with the phrases on your list:

I love _____, _____ and _____.

I love _____, _____ and _____.

I love _____, _____ and _____,

but I can’t stand ______________.

Add something you don’t like to the last blank for a punchy element of contrast."

Here is my take:

I love my fabulous friends, good gossip and iced caramel macchiatos. I love my beautiful boyfriend Greg, my super-special stamp collection, and my terrific typewriter. I love sleeping in late, reading the best books and marvelous music, but I don't love how crazy cold it has been outside lately!

So... What do you love?



p.s.

photo above is my sneak for ScrapMojo challenge #8. ;)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

yay for the sneek!

...and I love dark chocolate cafe mocha(s), air-popped popcorn, indie movies, sunny days, ink on my fingers, saturday morning cartoons, a new journal...and I don't like (how's this for random) bruised bananas. blech!

happy day, Christina!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin