Tuesday, August 5, 2008

so....

things are coming up very fast.

Today was supposed to be the day that we bought our tickets for the Europe trip. Sadly, due to some snafus with the fare price being misquoted, we've had to restrategize. I am going to spend a great deal of time tomorrow on the phone, trying to find some tickets that will fit our tiny tiny budget. We are aiming to go to Paris and to Rome (with a few day trips). It is going to be heartbreakingly expensive, but we are determined to figure it out because if we don't do this now, we don't know when we will.

Next weekend I am actually getting on a plane (yikes) to go down to Greg's family's cabin in the California mountains. There is no electricity, bathrooms, or running water. I have also been warned about the possibilty of bears.

I'm not exactly a wilderness girl, but I am going to charge up my camera and bring along a few projects to work on. I am looking forward to going on long walks and spending three whole days "free" of civilization (i.e. the internet).

I managed to find a spare minute to get the new Mojo layout done. Check it here:

I used crackle paint and my brayer. Then I used some diluted red and copper paints and splattered them all over. I used a straw to blow on the drops while they were still wet. Very fun.

alright, off to bed and to re-read some more of Breaking Dawn. Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Titelaine said...

so beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

I love looking at your stuff. I'm a "Twilighter," too. What do you think of "Breaking Dawn"?

ricanlaw said...

I'm gonna have to say, this is the coolest thing I've seen in a very, very long time. Wow.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin