Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Date Night: Anthony Bourdain Book Reading

I've blogged before about my great like of all things related to Mr. Anthony Bourdain. We love his books, blog shows, whatever. It's good and funny stuff.

I was tipped off last Tuesday that he would actually be in town promoting his new book Medium Raw and there were actually still same-day tickets available for the event. Granted, they were totally in the nosebleed section of the Moore Theater balcony, but it was all good. The tickets came with a copy of the new book, signed by the author. The book is sort of a sequel to his big hit Kitchen Confidential. And I thought it was neat that the cost of the tickets included the book. At least we had something to read while we waited for the show to start.

The Moore is a beautiful old theater, and the reading was more like a stand-up comedy act.

He really is as funny and as outrageous as he appears on his tv show. There were plenty of fans, chefs, food bloggers and people Tweeting in real time. It was great fun, except when the mean security people tried to shame me for having a camera.

Seriously, if the Vatican Guard couldn't stop me, I don't think some security guard at a book signing is going to get me to put the camera down. Fortunately, I know better than to use a flash, and my sweet boyfriend was kind enough to be my "lookout."

I'm really liking the book so far, and I'm hoping to finish it soon. Things have been so busy that I'm just able to read it during my commute on the train to work.

I'm not in any hurry to finish it though.

And that was our date night. Good times.

1 comment:

*krystyn* said...

Ohhh how awesome! I love AB too!! How cool to get to see him live!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin