Saturday, June 26, 2010

A decade ago


I ran into an old classmate this week who told me that our senior class 10-year reunion was happening this weekend. 

I had had no clue, as apparently, they couldn't find me to send me an invitation. I suspect this is due to the fact that I refuse to go on Facebook or MySpace, etc....Seriously though guys, you could have googled me. I'm not that hard to find....

Anyway, despite making me feel ridiculously old, I felt a strong urge to go find some old high school photos. My yearbooks are either gone or lost in storage somewhere, but I still have a few old polaroids, and surprisingly, the internets had a few scanned pages from our yearbooks as well.  


I'm not attending the reunion (Greg's birthday party is at exactly the same time), and anyway, most of my friends were not actually in my school's senior class. 

But I did do quite a bit of pondering about who I was, and what I've become since I graduated. I'm really proud of my accomplishments, and what I've done with my life so far. I have a few regrets, but thankfully they are not big ones. 

Here are some of my thoughts about the intervening decade since I ventured out of school into the big wide world:
  1. I still have basically the same hairstyle now as I did ten years ago. That's okay, because it's still awesome and works for me. 
  2.  I'm still wearing mostly black clothing, often just goth enough to be mainstream-acceptable. I'm getting over my "fear" of wearing color. I have just accepted the color navy as a staple in my wardrobe. See, people can change.
  3. Being a vegetarian was NOT a phase. It really is a permanent lifestyle choice.
  4. Nine Inch Nails is still my favorite band.
  5. I did get to Europe. It was as wonderful as my dreams. Travelling as often as I can is still a high priority. 
  6. I'm still totally crazy in love with that boy Greg (that's actually his chin way up there in that first polaroid photo). We are still just two crazy kids in love, ten plus years into our relationship.
  7. My 18 year old body was awesome. Why did I have such self-esteem issues then???
  8.  Photography and art are still my passions. I'm glad I can really afford to indulge them now.
  9. Not being able to afford college was a bummer. But luck and hard work have helped me to have a fairly decent career anyway.
  10. Wearing sunscreen at all times has totally paid off. 



I guess now all that's left is to wonder what the heck is going to happen over the next decade?

Personally, I'm hoping for lots more travel, plenty of kisses from my boy, and perhaps to buy my own house and decorate it with lots of pretty things. 

And to take plenty of photographs of my life as it happens. And of course, blog about it.

Sounds like a plan. 

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to my 10 yr and it was just the same as high school. The same popular jerks together, the wannabes sitting in the back, the skinny girls got heavier and the geeks blossomed; sweet revenge. Needless to say, it wasn't much fun.

Melissa Mann said...

Love this post, Christina!

Send Flowers to France said...

Hey great stuff, thank you for sharing this useful information and i will let know my friends as well.
Send Flowers to France

Amir Iqbal said...

Nice post
GiliSoft Video Converter Crack

zia sir said...

nice post
Ummy video downloader Crack
HitmanPro.Alert Crack
Any Video Converter Ultimate Crack

Naeem S said...

I'm glad you like it as much as I did.
Sketch, a theme for your author, is here.
a classy purchase
A lack of interest in what you have to say.
You'll be back before then, and you'll be back a lot more if you help our expansion.
bandicam crack
rekordbox crack
vector magic crack
acronis true image crack

Unknown said...

I guess I am the only one who came here to share my very own experience. Guess what!? I am using my laptop for almost the past 2 years, but I had no idea of solving some basic issues. I do not know how to saqibtech.net But thankfully, saqibtech.net

poweriso-crack
driver-talent-pro-crack
glasswire-elite-crack
free-youtube-to-mp3-converter-crack
teracopy-pro-crack

Sabir said...


And I appreciate your work, I'm a great blogger.
This article bothered me a lot.
I will bookmark your site and continue searching for new information.
hide all ip crack
wondershare pdfelement pro crack
microsoft office 2019 crack
auto tune pro crack

Unknown said...

I like your all post. You Have Done really good Work On This Site. Thank you For The Information You provided. It helps Me a lot.
it Is Very Informative Thanks For Sharing. I have also Paid This sharing. I am ImPressed For With your Post Because This post is very
is very beneficial for me and provides new knowledge to me. This is a cleverly
written article. Good work with the hard work you have done I appreciate your work thanks for sharing it. It Is very Wounder Full Post
I would like to thank you for the effort you put into writing this page.
I also hope that you will be able to check the same high-quality content later.
Really, your creative writing skills have inspired me to create my own blog now😉
red dead redemption crack
red dead redemption 2 pc game with crack
red dead redemption empress pc game with crack
red dead redemption 2 crack

softtware.net said...

I have to say I am impressed. I rarely come across such an informative and interesting blog,
and let me tell you that you nailed it
head A problem is something that very few men and women talk about intelligently.
I'm so glad I found myself in this quest for something
about that.
autodesk fusion 360 crack
reaconverter pro crack
restoro license key

Naeem Shah said...

This is a large cup. On your website, keep up the good work.
Your blog has a lot of potential, and I look forward to exploring it further.
Thank you very much for your hard work. I'm going to go out and find it for myself.
It's something I'd suggest to others. They will, I am certain.
utilise this website
ocenaudio crack
final fantasy awakening se licensed mod apk
anytrans crack
google sketchup crack
hd tune pro crack license key
dvdfab player crack
driverfinder pro crack
format factory pro license key crack

gawgfwgsvgvgV said...


Hey there! I’ve been reading your web site for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the great job!
idm crack
ispring free cam crack
mood messenger apk mod
avg ultimate crack
teracopy pro crack
movie maker crack
wondershare filmora crack
original war
football manager crack

ISPR said...

archeage crack
free mp3 cutter and editor crack
av voice changer crack
apowersoft video download capture crack
ms officce 365 crack
home designer pro crack
screenpresso pro crack
reaver pro crack

Ch Tariq Akhtar said...

Hi! Your Blog Writing is Very Wonderfull And Amazing. Thanks For Sharing...
ant download manager pro crack
driver genius pro crack
sidify music converter
4k video downloader crack
navicat premium crack

CH ToQEER said...

I am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provide a new knowledge to me.
Thanks for sharing this post is an excellent article. Keep it up. I use the same blogging platform that you have and have.
it Is Very Informative Thanks For Sharing. I have also Paid This sharing. I am ImPressed For With your Post Because This post is very.
xilisoft video converter ultimate
super screen recorder
adobe pagemaker
vero machining strategist
vocal remover pro

Smith Michael said...

Wonderful work! This is the kind of info that are meant to be shared across the internet. Disgrace on the search engines for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and consult with my website.
So, I would like to Share Screenpresso Pro Crack with you.
Zoom Player MAX Crack
SAM Broadcaster Pro Crack

wajid said...

I am a professional web blogger so visit my website link is given below!To get more information
PowerISO Crack/
SAM Broadcaster Pro Crack/
Ashampoo Driver Updater Crack/
Kaspersky Total Security Crack/
HitmanPro Crack/

Hamna01 said...

I am very satisfied of this website.

Anum02 said...

I like this website. I am very satisfied with it.

Anonymous said...

i like this website . i am very satisfied with it

Hamna02 said...

I am very satisfied with this website, I visit this website everyday and get lot of information.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin