Tuesday, October 12, 2010

first roll from the Golden Half


So... The Golden Half camera is a half-frame 35mm film camera that takes two exposures for every one frame of film. If you play your cards right, at the end of the roll you basically get a bunch of random diptychs.

Cool right? Well, Costco failed to follow my instructions when I got this roll of film developed and processed them all individually. Besides being super expensive to process, it is also slightly annoying as I'll probably re-diptych them all later, In the meantime, here are a few shots, hot off the CD for your viewing pleasure.

I can't even remember when some of these photos were taken. Sadly, I do know that it took me over a year to finish this one roll of film. Getting these developed was a bit like opening a time capsule. 

I love this hobby. 

And getting this particular roll all finished off and developed helps me to accomplish my goal of using a roll of film in each of my (functioning) cameras this year. I just have to finish off some stuff in my Oktomat and that waterproof camera I just got, and then figure out where to get 110 film developed..as I picked up a tiny fisheye spycam at the thriftstore early last spring.

The other roll I got done today was a roll of color film for my Holga 135BC. There are some adorably woodsy photos in there that I'm excited to share with you later this week.

2 comments:

Melissa Mann said...

seriously loving all these photos, Christina. The last time I had actual film developed, the place that processed it heeded to do what I said as well. Out of 25 photos, their "machine" only deemed 6 of them print worthy. Needless to say, they got a piece of my mind...ugh.

Renato Pereira said...

This camera can shot only one picture instead 2 pictures at the same time ? I want to buy a lomography machine, but I'm undecided between this (Golden Half)and Diana F+ :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin