Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday Journal 2010

Hurray! It's almost time to Journal My Christmas!

In fact, I have the first prompt for December sitting in my inbox right now. I am exercising extreme will in not tearing into it right now. I have a very good reason you see. Because right now, I'm sharing my very first holiday journal!


Oh yes, say hello to my little classic Christmas album. I used some delicious Making Memories red paint to pretty up a Maya Road binder. And then I filled it with patterned papers from Making Memories, Teresa Collins and one sheet from Girls Paperie.

I am so proud of myself for using up some of my precious "stash." I went with a really classic red/green Christmas look, because the book is very much focused on the holidays. This is in contrast to my December Daily book which has a totally different vibe (still editing photos on this one.. hopefully up later tonight).

Also, if I don't finish it this year it will still be totally relevant next year. I used up at least three different Making Memories collections in this book, and I'm quite happy to see they all go together. Note to Making Memories: keep it up. I like the fact that this stuff keeps coordinating.

The cover of my book is still unfinished, but I have a little done for now, so I'll call it good until I get some more time. Ignore the paint that got splotched on that front paper... I'll be covering it up later. ;)


4x6 is such a lovely and manageable size.  I'm super excited to get crafting with this thing.

Here's the plan. There will be no stressing. There will be mistakes, but I will work around them. I will have fun. I will celebrate the holidays and document them in this cute little book. I may or may not use pictures. I will use my own handwriting (and probably a typewriter) and really really focus on journaling.

Are you excited? I totally am.

Now off to get those photos of my December Daily book posted. Mwahahahaha.

8 comments:

Irini said...

beautiful album.......love the colours!

Christina said...

I LOVE your album! I can't wait to see it all filled up!
I wanted to let you know that we put a link to your album on our blog (paperzoneblog.blogspot.com) check it out if you'd like!

sharyncarlson said...

love love love this! can't wait to see it come together (and your December album, too!)

Rhayne said...

Love all the patterns in the classic green/red/white. I don't usually go for classic Christmas due to the brightness many companies use but these are subdued enough that they're right up my alley! Thanks for showing me something I would have otherwise overlooked :o) Can't wait to see it filled!

Unknown said...

I love the scallop edges & the lacy edging too, did you cut all those?

alissa said...

LOVE it!

Sandra said...

oh my, how scrummy does it look. I can't wait to see how it continues.

scrappysue said...

This is awesome, makes me want to do a small size after all!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin