Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Scrap Shopping in the Greater Seattle Area

I have had a lot of inquiries on this topic, so I've decided to do one big ol' post on it.

Keep in mind that the list that follows is not all inclusive, as I'm sure there are places that I have not listed because I've never heard of them (so let me know about it if it's not on here, okay?) or they are really too far away for me to visit.

Always chock full of the latest and greatest products. Has the largest inventory of the lines that I like. Great in the stamping department and for patterned paper. Not so great for alphabets.

The Mad Scrapper (Issaquah)
Another store with a really decent selection of product. Great selection of themed papers and embellishments. This is where I get my Thickers. Mmmm, Thickers....

Ben Franklin Crafts (Redmond)
Fantastic selection of stuff here. The full range of crafty stuff and of much more "fashionable" lines than Jo-Anns or Michaels. Also, they sell Amy Butler fabric. And the rest of her scrapping line. Also, it's right next to a Starbucks. (How can it get any better than that?)

Paper Zone - (SoDo/Southcenter)
I think both locations are good. SoDo is really convenient because it's in my neighborhood, but the Southcenter location always has really good clearance stuff. Also, it's right next to Impress (see below)

Impress (Southcenter)
I know they have other locations but this one is the biggest and best stocked. They also have classes and the staff is always super nice. And the clearance is fantastic!

Friends & Company (West Seattle)
This place is very stamp oriented, but they do have cute notions and a decent selection of tools and paper. (and they are also right by Cupcake Royale) The staff are always nice. This is the place where I discovered Magic Mesh!

Rubber Monkey Love Stamps (Queen Anne)
A basic stamping/card making shop. Nothing really spectacular about it. They do have an interesting selection of punches and a range of basic supplies.

Fun Stamps (Lynnwood)
Just visted here recently for the first time. Very card oriented but they had a decent selection of magic mesh and a lot of really good tools for technique-y altered stuff. They have a punch program and the nice lady said they would order anything that they don't have at the store.

Kinokuniya Bookstore at Uwajimaya Village (International District)
This is the place to find anything cute and Japanese. Unfortunately, you can't get any of the cute stuff through their web site. You have to go in person. They do have some amazing stickers, books and stationary. In the main part of Uwaji's you can also get anything Hello Kitty and there is also a decent section of handmade and origami papers.

Paper Source (Bellevue)
They are kind of pricey (but that's Bellevue). I think their selection of word/phrase stamps is excellent. There are some really unusual things there. Probably better for card makers than scrappers but it's worth a look or two.

I do also buy things from Michael's and Jo Ann's. But usually only when I have a coupon or need something really basic. Lately, I have been stalking the dollar bins at Jo Ann's to scoop up some delicious letter stickers by KI Memories.

Okay, that's all for now. Are there any places that you shop that are awesome and I need to know about? Share! I'd really appreciate it.

Hope this helps, or at least amuses you. TFL!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin