Sunday, November 4, 2007

And the rest was...

pretty freaking awesome!


Wow. I am sooo exhausted. But also exhilarated. That was the best scrappy weekend ever. And it's not even over yet! Wow... I have so much to talk about...

So, the here is the story of my adventures at the of rest of CKC Seattle 2007!

Here's me with my little crop bag, all ready for some scrappin!
On Friday morning I had a class with the fabulous Ali Edwards. It was called Ali's Top 10. We talked about creativity, inspiration and products. It was a lecture based class and it was soo cool to hear her speak in person. She is just so... real. And kind. I was lucky enough to speak with her for a little after class.... OMG is that pic of me scary or what? BUT, as Ali says, just tell the darn story. Use the real photos. So, there's me. And Ali Edwards. Cool.

Also, the schwag bag that came with class was AWESOME. All things that I like but didn't have but really wanted. See?
Here's what was in it:
- KI Lace cardstock (literally off of the truck from the manufacturer)
- D Reeves Design Acrylic Album
- 7 Gypsies Quotes & Citations Sticker Sheet
- Basic Grey Rubons
- Scenic Route Cardstock Label Stickers
- Hambly Screenprints Transparency
- Anna Griffin Epoxy Stickers
- Heidi Swapp Dot Mask
- American Crafts Black Brads
- Making Memories Wordfetti

If you ever get the chance, take a class with her. You will not regret it.

Okay, now let's talk about the Vendor Faire. This was my very first experience with a scrap-oriented one, although I am a longtime craft fair attendee, so it was not so overwhelming.

I stuck with these basic rules:
- Shop with cash only
- Do not go over your budgeted cash amount
- Do not go over your budgeted cash amount (really. I had to keep telling myself that.)
- Only buy things that are either impossible to get locally or are super duper cheap.

Here are some pics:



My absolute favorite places were:

- Basic Grey. I love me some BG. Um, they had EVERYTHING--all of the lines and accessories. and pretty good prices as well.

- Scenic Route. Okay, I admit that I went to their booth like three times. Their letter sticker sets were two for one! There were one dollar chipboard packs. PP sheets from the new lines for 60 cents....good times ahead with those my friends, good times...

- Rusty Pickle. I had no idea Rusty Pickle was so cool. I haven't seen very much of their stuff, and apparently I was not seeing the good stuff. I totally fell in love with the grungy altered School Daze line. Also picked up a neat little mini book. And two alphabet stamp sets. YUM.

- Technique Tuesday had a huge booth. But the prices were astronomical. So I browsed, sighed, and moved on.

By far my best find of that show was a woman whose business is closing (for personal reasons.) It was all very intricately cut lacelike paper and chipboard. I got frames, and strips and some other really amazing stuff. Everything was half off because they are closing down. The company is called Scherenschmitte Design LaserCuts.

I also picked up a new shade of distress ink and a Maya Road chipboard album that I've wanted, but have not been able to find online.

In the afternoon I had a second class called, "I can see clearly now." It was a cardmaking class from Technique Tuesday. It was fine. I didn't really learn anything new (except that I hate tags with a fiery fiery passion). I didn't finish my stuff in class.

After that, I got to hang with the coolest girl evah, Tallynt (aka Tracy). I am sooo glad I got to hang out with her. She is one freaking rad chick. And crazy crazy talented as well. We did a round of the vendor faire together as well as walking up to Paper Source and well, let's just say we enabled each other quite a bit, purchasing wise. :D

For dinner, we went up to Rock Bottom to meet up with some of our SISters. I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long long time. My camera was not doing so well, so I only took a few pictures. I am relying on the ladies with the fancy cameras for the really good shots. But, here's a little taste of the evening....










THANK YOU SISTERS FOR SUCH AN AMAZING EVENING. Special props to Pamela and Andrea for organizing everything. Also, your Mom is adorable.

I LUB you guys and can't wait to meet up with you all again soon!

So, also after dinner, if that wasn't enough scrappy stuff for the day, we all drove up to Lasting Memories for yet more scrap shopping!

Then I drove home and passed out.....Because on Sunday, I had yet another class first thing in the morning!

I took a Basic Grey class (latest and greatest).

I love me some BG, as I said before, but I was quite disappointed by the class. The class kit only had enough stuff to finish HALF of the mini-book that we were making. If you wanted the rest of it (papers and instructions), you had to buy it from the BG booth. I think it's lame that I paid the money for the class, yet to finish the class project they asked you to buy an additional item. (I already had some of the papers at home, so I am just going to do it my way, bwahahahaha)

Also, there was no way I was going to finish the entire mini album in one hour. The project is going to rock, when I am done with it, but that's because I am going to add a bunch of yummy details that aren't a part of the kit. So, that part is fine. I am really excited to work on it though.

Wow, loOngest post ever! Going to go to bed now...

Daily cards and more news to come tomorrow!

2 comments:

tallynt said...

Lookie at your fun post! Thanks for calling me RAD - put a totally happy smile on my face this morning.

BTW - You are the one that is RAD and super crazy talented. I had so much fun, only wish it could have lasted longer. Today I am going to ogle my awesome stuff and make a mini album with my grungy muddy papers b/c yesterday I got great photos of the boys covered in you guessed it MUD so it was perfect that you enabled me in my finds.

Bekka said...

Wow -- that looks like fun! Thanks for sharing your weekend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin