Monday, December 3, 2007

First Snow...and the tale of two Stamp Orders

So, after my soldering class I noticed that there were some big white fluffy things falling from the sky. Snow! On December 1st! Crazy.


Here is a picture of what it looked like driving on I-5 on the way home. Um.. I totally had my hands in the 10 and 2 position... for sure....
Anyway, here is a pretty picture of what you could see from my front window after a few hours.It's all melted now, which is good because I get really freaked out when I have to drive on icy roads. On account of one time my car slid SIDEWAYS for three blocks down 6th Ave in Downtown Seattle.


So, the story of my Fontwerks stamps. I ordered them from Fontwerks on October 1st. After many trials and screw ups from both the Canadian and Americal Postal Offices, and a lot of calls and emails later... I got a delivery notification that they would be available for pick up on Dec 1. That's right. I had to wait TWO WHOLE months for them. I am so excited to play with them though.... The really ridiculous thing is that one of the stamps I ordered was not in the package. Sigh. So I have to email the lovely Kah-Mei again. But, at least I have a few to play with now. Mmm, Fresh Foliage...
Also,waiting for me when I got home from the Post Office was my order from Purple Onion Stamps . They had had a big ol holiday sale and I bought some really good unmounted yummies for cheap. Hello vintage frame. I LOVE Purple Onion. They always have super cute and inexpensive designs and the shipping is extremely fast. Love love love....

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin