Monday, December 8, 2008

December 8

I have decided that my new favorite thing in photoshop is doing a linear dodge fade. It is so totally perfect to lighten up my photos (dang you dreary winter weather!)

Photo above is from some delightful red candy swirl ornaments that I am hoping go on sale at Target very soon. I have not even begun to decorate for the holidays yet, but soon. Like hopefully this weekend.
I am feeling very attracted to the color combo of red and white. As you might be able to tell from my blog background...
Today was a very quiet day on the creative front. I worked for about 9 1/2 hours... one of those crazy Mondays where it seems like everything is due RIGHT NOW.

Okay, I hate to admit it, but I have been totally grooving on the free Martha Stewart holiday video podcasts (I download mine from iTunes). Some of the videos are completely ridiculous (um, the flocked tree with the loose snow, are you kidding me?) And some of them are really inspiring.
Like this one about wreaths. I really want to make my own wreath this year. But I can't decide which kind!
Do I make an awesome paper one like this?
Or a pretty button one like this?
Or what about this? Goodness knows I still have enough bottlecaps floating around...
Or even something totally white, as inspired by Mandi's pretty plans...

Hmm.... I just don't know. Perhaps I will make many tiny wreaths and just hang them everywhere.
Could be a good plan.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

i say all of them, tiny-size. and you can have a wall-o-wreath! and maybe string up some popcorn garland near them! lol i haven't started decorating either...but i have big plans to make christmas sugar cookies tomorrow! the tree can wait, cookies come first

Genevieve said...

I love how we all say "I hate to admit this..." before anything that has to do with Martha Stewart, but we all totally LOVE her anyway! haha I feel the same way, semi-embarassed but totally inspired by her all the same. And yes, I agree, many wreaths would be good, one for each room!

metrochic said...

i'm in love with that druk bead wreath she does. i need to find those beads on sale or something. gorgeousness! i say go for the paper one...i'm picking that one because it's easy peasy. vee is smart! hee.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin