yup. today is my birthday.
I am a big fan of lists. I think they really say a lot about where you are right now and what you want or want done. And so, alright, my list from last year didn't get one hundred percent accomplished, but I think I made a pretty big dent in it. Let's move on.
Here is my list for this year:
27 things to do before I turn 28
- Take a real photography class
- Get a tripod.
- Learn what a light meter is and what it does.
- Take lots of pictures
- Back up digital pictures every month
- Begin work on a quilt
- Get a massage. Soon.
- Moisturize every day. (Not getting any younger)
- Sleep more.
- Focus on simplicity
- Keep up the workout routine
- Take better care of the car
- Maintain "use it or lose it policy" re: stuff
- Go to Portland
- Play with Keri Smith books
- Put pictures in picture frames
- Finish the three minibooks sitting on my desk right now
- Take a letterpress class
- Learn how to cook a really good curry from scratch
- Do something better with the Etsy shop
- Prep for Christmas projects starting in September
- Investigate the possibility of moving to a new place
- Go to the zoo
- Have a dinner party
- Blog frequently
- Acquire new+good music frequently
- Spend lots of time with Greg
Wish me luck.
My birthdays tend to be pretty low-key, and today was no exception.
Got up, got some coffee. Checked out the goods at the thrift store (no, I didn't buy that typewriter. Surprised by three bouquets of flowers and a cookie from the boy. Ran some errands and had dinner with G's folks. Scrapped a little. Watched some tv. It was a good day, if not terribly exciting. :D
Speaking of scrapping, here are some sneak peeks of the new mojo challenge coming up on the fifth. The January Sweet Spuds kit is also up for sale. Check it out here. Lots of funky bright colors to chase the winter blahs away.
Still thinking about my word for 2009.