Saturday, December 5, 2009

Urban Craft Uprising Recap

So on Saturday December 5 I ventured down to the Seattle Center to do a little browsing at the Urban Craft Uprising show. UCU is Seattle's largest indie craft show and I have made it an annual tradition to attend.

Aside from being loud, crowded and a little fun, it is simply, pure handmade Eye Candy. Attending one of these shows is the reason I got into crafts as a serious hobby, back in the day.

Here is a little mosaic of all my shots from this year's event.. all shared in my Flickr set.

But I can't not have a few shots for this blog.. so here are a few of my favorite shots, in detail:








I didn't find anything I wanted to give as a gift, but I did buy some things for me. I bought a swatchbook of 4x6 wood veneer samples, some red letterpressed tags, some super cute stamps from Blue Diamond Stamp Co. and a cute little button with an image from a vintage book.
If you ever get the chance to come down to Seattle for one of these shows, I really reccomend it!

After the show, I walked around Seattle Center and watched the sun set. I also got to visit the WinterFest that was going on at the CenterHouse, but that is another post. :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin