Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sketchbook Project Art Journal: Part Six

(FYI you can click the images to embiggen)

If you are liking these kind of art journal pages, I reccomend Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's Art Journal Everyday group. There's some really fun and inspiring stuff there. I also love the no-pressure feel that they've got going on.

That's one of the things I had to constantly focus on as I worked through this book. I have to fight a lot of perfectionistic urges when I make things. For this book, because I knew it would be going away, and it needed to just get done, I found myself focused on trying new things and moving ahead, even if I didn't like the results. I ignored my weird handwriting and instead tried to focus on the content and the words and the emotions. 


That's one of the reasons I really love art journaling. :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin