Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring Curiosities Class


I am so excited to announce that I will be teaching a mini album class at Seattle Paper Zone this month.

Here's the description from the PZ site:
1pm-3:30pm Sunday, March 13

Celebrate Spring with a mini scrapbook album! Create a playful mini album that focuses on the delights of every day life in the springtime. We'll cover quite a few techniques including: using transparencies to add dimension, adding texture with spray ink, learning to stretch your supplies by creating embellishments made from cardstock, design principles for small projects and tips for minibook photo management. 

Project: Create a 20 page 3"x4" mini album 





Supplies Needed: Students should bring a journaling pen and about selection of about 20 spring themed wallet sized photographs (be prepared to crop to 2"x3") 

We'll provide all of the following supplies for you. However, if you'd like to bring your own, you may also bring your favorite pair of straight-edge micro-tip scissors, a paper trimmer, your favorite adhesives, a regular hole punch, black and brown ink, and a corner rounder. 

Skill Level: Beginning to Intermediate, but all levels of experience welcome 

Since we will be working with spray ink it is also recommended that you wear a craft apron and/or clothing that is friendly to stains.

COST: $25.00


PaperZone
Seattle - Washington
1911 First Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134
(206) 682-8644


The class sign up information is also posted here.
Depending on how it goes, I'm hoping to do multiple sessions.

I am also planning to offer this class in blog form, and any extra kits will also be placed in the Etsy shop, after all the classes are over.

It's going to be so fun. I've been saving up some of my best tricks for this.

I'll do a few other sneaks as I get the content up. Let me know by comment or email if you have questions!

Hope your day is going well!

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Damn... I can't make it! I'd love a kit though ... best way, call PZ, or wait for Etsy?

somebody who needs to love herself said...

I have been a long time fan of yours!! I do hope u will do a class online cause u seriously talented when it comes to mini book. I am so excited that i finally had the courage to comment lol.

themathchick said...

Your class sounds great, Christina! Definitely count me in if/when you offer an online version :)

Meghann Andrew said...

Wow, that chipboard mini is awesome. Who makes that?? If I were local, I would definitely take this class. Such a great deal at $25!

Paz said...

That book is gorgeous!! I would totally buy a kit and take your class if you do that online!

Lana's Cards and Crafts said...

Wow, Christina! Would definitely take this class if you offered it online. I loved your Bits and Pieces class.

Lana x

alissa said...

Count me in for an online class.
I'd come down for the pz class but I work on sundays.
Love it!

Melissa Mann said...

Oh my gosh. SO wish I could do this class!!

Paulette said...

i live in AZ and there is no possiblity of me taking your class, but i sure would love a kit! i will keep an eye out on your Etsy shop!! Thank you for sharing all your work.

Anonymous said...

This was class was so amazing!!!! Can't believe it was only $25!! I learned so much, thanks Christina! Chelsey

*krystyn* said...

Somehow I missed this and it looks great...do you happen to have kits for this? I especially love the embossed cover...did it come that way?

Anonymous said...

I just found you through Pintrest. . . love that mini! So super cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin