I think I've probably written this blog post mentally at least once a day for the last month. And I'm still sort of struggling to think of what to say. But here goes.
My absence on this blog the last month was kind of inexcusable, but necessary. It's been a crazy crazy time. The last month has probably been one of the busiest I've ever had. I missed blogging, quite a bit. And making things too.
Have you ever just felt so tired you just couldn't go on? Motivation, totally utterly gone?
If you haven't ever felt that way, then you are very lucky. But I'm sure most people know what I mean. Especially us crafters. We take on soo much sometimes. High achievers with perfectionist issues, am I right?
It wears a body out.
Towards the end of September I just got exhausted with trying to balance everything and not have things explode in my face. And October didn't get any better Work and life and travel and the crafting and everything just completely got out of control. Blogging was one of the casualties.
Anyway... there were a lot of things that I had to get done, and some that I failed at. I learned quite a few important lessons. And had some fun times too. Some were even scrapworthy. ;)
I have been taking photos though, so I have a few fun things to share on this old blog. I want to do some separate posts, to do them justice. But in case you were curious, here's a list of things that happened over the last month, good and bad.
- Celebrated my 12 year anniversary with the boy.
- Took a roadtrip down the Oregon coast. Visited Canon Beach for the first time.
- Ate saltwater taffy on a boardwalk by the ocean.
- Visited an amazing aquarium and saw the largest land-accessible sea cave.
- Had a great time visiting with friends in Portland.
- Spent too much money at Powells
- Lost my glasses.
- Sewed my own corset for a Steampunk costume
- Attended SteamCon 3 with Greg
- Failed at deploying my Halloween classes; no one signed up for them AND I failed to get them up in the Etsy shop
- Got my very first smartphone. Am learning to text!
- Traveled to LA for a long weekend for Greg's cousins' wedding.
- Saw the Tim Burton exhibit at LACMA
- Visited the La Brea Tar Pits
- Visited a flashlight cornmaze and pumpkin patch
- Cleaned the whole house and decorated for a biiig Halloween bash
- Saw In Time. Highly reccomended (it's from the guy who did Gattica, so...)
- Broke my computer. Again.
- Figured out the concept for my 2012 sketchbook project book
- At work, successfully deployed training and helped roll out payroll functions to UK and ROI
- Finished a layout, and am mostly done with a mini and an altered piece.
- Started work on really cleaning and organizing craft supplies. Again.
And now, it's a bit into November, and the pace is picking up again.
I'm working on a few blog posts for a special project and giveaway (look for that soon). I'm going to CKC Seattle AND a girl's crafting retreat this weekend. Next weekend might involve holiday card making and product stocking, and well I have a bunch of stuff at work to do to get another country up and running before December 1st.
So... that's what's going on. Not sure what my plans are next, for the shop and the teaching and such. I think I'm just going to go with baby steps and try and ease back into blogging.
Also, big thank you to everyone who stopped by and commented. You guys are great.