Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Auld lang syne

Well, Christmas 2011 just kind of went by in a blur, didn't it?


Also New Year's. And my birthday. Happy 2012!

The list of things I haven't done is probably bigger than the list of things I did get done. My email box is in a terrible state. And I still have Christmas presents to send out, actually...

I have so much I need to get done. Things to plan and accomplish.

The most shocking is the fact that I have taken maybe 15 photos in the last month. And they aren't exactly great photos either. I know. Terrible.

I'm still sorting through things. I'm trying to be more mindful of where I put my time and energy. In December, that balance went towards things besides fun crafty times. That's okay. Ali Edwards says "go with the flow." So, I'm trying to just go with that.

But the break is over. I've been cleaning and sorting and getting organized. I'm trying to get back in the crafty swing of things. Starting with getting back on the blog-go-round. But I'm not rushing myself.

I decided that I've been too ambitious. I took on way too much last year. I'm working on editing myself. Being more proactive, more plan-ful. And also trying to be kinder to myself about finishing things timely. Trying not to feel too guilty if I drop a project or have to say "no" to something, even if I want to do it.

I want to focus on nourishing my relationships, and getting more healthy, and investing in myself.

I am thirty years old now, so that means it's time to buckle down and be a grown up for real. I'm using financial software and thinking about going back to college. Hello stressful life changes!

But they artsy crafty stuff is still important to me. It's my reward, my escape. And I still plan to teach, and create content for the blog. This has been my online place for five years. But things will be a changing on this old blog soon.

I hope you'll stay tuned.

Take care.






No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin