I have only ever once before attempted to make a december daily album. And though it's not finished, I'm not going to let that stop me from playing with NEW pretty paper for 2012.
Especially once I saw that lovely SC Handbook album. Oh yes.
It's the two inch binding rings that really sold me. I was going to do something smaller, but with the base of an old book and all patterned paper pages, and then I was going to bind it with my Cinch, but this seemed a bit easier. Plug and play, if you will.
Here's the plan.
- We start with the SC 6x8(ish) album.
- Each day (plus a few for intro & closure) gets a two page spread, separated by a page protector (I miss you Hambly transparencies!)
- The handbook is painted with one coat of gesso, one coat of white acrylic paint, a wash of martha stewart pearl paint, then spritzed with SC shine, just to dazzle your eyes a little.
- The design will be based off of a variation on a 6x8 grid, with two 4x6 areas as the main base.
- I plan to print only 4x6 photos.Though I may print smaller, if needed, using my usual photoshop tiny templates.
- To that end, I've chopped up a variety of cute holiday papers, vellum, handmade specialty papers and some of my few remaining sheets of hambly. I've started out by cutting one 4x12 in strip from every paper. This will leave me with a few sheets to do a 6x8 full pattern later, if I so choose.
- Each page consists of a piece of blank white smooth textured cardstock that measures 7.5 w x 9 h. There is a box printed on front and back of each page. That box is 6 x 8.
- I can't quite bring myself to commit to putting down all the patterns and pages all at once now, but I've got all the pages and page protectors in, and as the papers are mostly already sliced up, it should be a simple matter of glue paper, glue photo, stick some journaling and stickers on there, and get it done.
That's the plan, anyway. Here's a bit where I was practicing with a starbucks red cup. Looks pretty good.
I've got a camera, I've got some papers, stamps, and glue. I think I'm ready.
Bring it on December!