Sunday, November 16, 2008

As promised.

Here are some photos of my CKC loot:


Clearly, I was stocking up with the upcoming holidays in mind. Also, told you I went crazy with the fontwerks stuff. I have a stamp problem, as you can clearly see.

Speaking of the holidays, I am still waffling on what to make for my Christmas book this year. At this point I have narrowed it down to either an 8x8 Maya Road chipboard binder or just doing something with binder rings, probably also in an 8x8 size. I did 6x6 for last year and the problem I am having is there simply isn't enough room for the journaling I want to do.

I am enjoying Elise's handmade holiday stuff. I've had an idea I have been mulling over for a while, but I am not sure I will have time to do that and attempt the December book at the same time. I will share though, cuz that's how I roll.

So.. normally I store my mini wood-mounted alpha stamps in a plain wooden cigar box (from Michael's). I like it because I can store it sideways on my bookcase.

Anyway, here's the great part. You know those plain wooden blocks they have in the wood section of the craft store? Exactly twenty five of them will fit (with a little extra room) into the wooden box. So, advent calendar in a container. I got an insane deal on some blocks at CKC, so they are pretty much ready to go.

I am very excited to do this one because I can use scraps and leftovers to decorate the sides of each block.


I'll keep you posted on my progress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woah! thats an awesome advent calendar idea!

Lisa said...

you found some awesome stuff!! can i come over and play? lol

love your advent calendar idea! can't wait to see it!

and yes, i do think you need to join a 12 step stamp program. you have some unopened stamps there :P

Blog Widget by LinkWithin