Okay, this is another book from my "box o'unfinished projects." I previously shared it in a video post here, and I just finished it this weekend.
I started this book last August, with a kit from an ex-design team that, (to be honest) I found really difficult to work with. Actually, I thought about throwing this book into the recycle bin any number of times. Three things stopped me.
1. I already had half-finished assembling the pages
2. The pictures were already printed and paid for.
3. I decided to be too stubborn to give up on this "challenge."
So, this is not my most favorite project ever. In fact, I dislike it a little bit.
I consider this healthy, however, as it allowed me to really think about what I like and dislike about making minibooks and other memory-related art. And it was important to capture this story.
So here it is...
- Doing a book with just 4x6 single prints was so so frustrating. I am in a serious collage phase right now.
- Matching my style then with my style now was also frustrating. Because I started this in a non-paint/mist "period" I had to keep resisting the urge to grunge it up.
And did I mention that I was really happy it's done?
Yup. Cross this one off the list!
Now I just have a wedding book (for a friend), two December Daily books and a mixed layer book (another frustrating one) to get done and then the box will be empty! YES. Making progress is so awesome.